A day in the life and home of a child in a informal settlement

Hi my name is Jacob i am 11 years old i am the oldest child in my family. My dad died in a car crash last year he was 35. I live in an tiny little shack in a informal settlement.  Our shack has one bedroom that we all share and is made from sheet metal.  When it cold my house is very cold because my roff does not help the cold. I wake every morning at 5 o’clock i get up get dress i might eat sometime i don't eat for a month. School starts at 7 so i leave at 6 because it takes me an hour to walk to school. My mom is 35 years old she is sometimes very sad she works from Monday to Friday. I have a younger brother and he is 5 years old and i have a sister she is 3 years old. When i go to school every day they give us a sandwich it is very good. I love soccer but we don’t have a felid at school so i have to play brick and it is extremely sore when you fall. So i hope the government will give us a park our a felid so i can play soccer. My family do not go to school every day so they did not get a good job so i am going to try to go to school every day so i can get a very good job.  I have study very hard so i can get a job but sometimes it is very hard because you can hear almost everything. My mom works till 5 at night so sometimes i have to study on my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT I THINK OF GRADE 5 SO FAR

The Singing Inspector